Dubai, UAE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 11/20/2017 -- SNS Research's latest report indicates that the wireless network infrastructure market will grow at a CAGR of 2% over the next three years, with annual investments anticipated to reach $56 Billion in 2020.
The term "Wireless Network Infrastructure" has conventionally been associated with macrocell RAN (Radio Access Network) and mobile core segments of mobile operator networks. However, the scope of the term is expanding as mobile operators increase their investments in Heterogeneous Network or HetNet infrastructure such as small cells, carrier Wi-Fi and DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems), to cope with increasing capacity and coverage requirements.
In addition, mobile operators are keen to shift towards a C-RAN (Centralized RAN) architecture, which centralizes baseband functionality to be shared across a large number of distributed radio nodes. In comparison to standalone clusters of base stations, C-RAN provides significant performance and economic benefits such as resource pooling, multi-cell coordination, network extensibility and energy efficiency.
Despite a rapid and persistent decline in standalone macrocell RAN infrastructure spending, SNS Research estimates that the wireless network infrastructure market will grow at a CAGR of 2% between 2017 and 2020. Driven by investments in HetNet infrastructure and 5G NR (New Radio) rollouts – beginning in 2019, the market is expected to be worth $56 Billion in annual spending by 2020, up from $53 Billion in 2017.
The "Wireless Network Infrastructure Ecosystem: 2017 – 2030 – Macrocell RAN, Small Cells, C-RAN, RRH, DAS, Carrier Wi-Fi, Mobile Core, Backhaul & Fronthaul" report presents an in-depth assessment of the wireless network infrastructure ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, investment trends, mobile operator revenue potential, regional CapEx commitments, network rollout strategies, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and vendor market share. The report also presents forecasts for wireless network infrastructure investments from 2017 till 2030. The forecasts cover 11 individual submarkets and 6 regions.
The key findings of the report include:
- Despite a rapid and persistent decline in standalone macrocell RAN infrastructure spending, SNS Research estimates that the wireless network infrastructure market will grow at a CAGR of 2% between 2017 and 2020.
- Driven by investments in HetNet infrastructure and 5G NR rollouts – beginning in 2019, the market is expected to be worth $56 Billion in annual spending by 2020, up from $53 Billion in 2017.
- By the end of 2020, C-RAN, small cells, DAS and carrier Wi-Fi, together with their fronthaul and backhaul segments, will account for more than 45% of all wireless network infrastructure spending.
- With LTE availability increasing worldwide and ongoing upgrades to deliver multi-hundred Megabit and Gigabit-grade services, we estimate that LTE, LTE-Advanced and LTE-Advanced Pro networks will generate more than $950 Billion in annual service revenue by 2020.
- New market players are beginning to emerge as mobile operators accelerate their transition to virtualized network infrastructure. For example, Mavenir Systems' merger with C-RAN specialist Ranzure Networks and its subsequent acquisition of Brocade's virtualized mobile core business, has positioned the company as an end-to-end provider of 5G-ready mobile network solutions.
The report will be of value to current and future potential investors into the wireless network infrastructure ecosystem, as well as enabling technology providers, wireless network infrastructure vendors and mobile operators, who wish to broaden their knowledge of the ecosystem.
For further information concerning the SNS Research report "The Wireless Network Infrastructure Ecosystem: 2017 – 2030 – Macrocell RAN, Small Cells, C-RAN, RRH, DAS, Carrier Wi-Fi, Mobile Core, Backhaul & Fronthaul" please visit: http://www.snstelecom.com/wireless-network-infrastructure.
For a sample please contact:
If you are interested in a more detailed overview of this report, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SNS Research
SNS Research is one of the most foremost market intelligence and consulting firms for the worldwide telecommunications industry, with a particular focus on wireless infrastructure and mobile devices. Developed by leading industry analysts our market intelligence and consultancy services provide unique insights to the global telecommunications industry with information ranging from niche details of mobile handset models to tracking to large network infrastructure contracts and cellular network operator metrics. Whether your focus is strategic decision making, service development, investment or marketing, our services will allow you to make optimal decisions with self-assurance.
+971 4 029 10911
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
+971 4 029 10911
Email: Click to Email James Bennett